If it means they cover themselves with stickers to burn up 20 minutes, why the hell not?
Is it just me or does the summer suck the blogging life out of you? It seems like blogging is the LAST thing I want to do. And yet, people are writing me wondering if I have somehow been stranded in the desert with no water. Um, yes.
To be truthful, I haven't written in so long because I have actually been enjoying the summer. I was on autopilot for the entire month just coasting through life. It was marvelous. Here are the things I let go of for the past month:
1. Kids can wear anything they want to as long as it doesn't show butt crack.
2. After chores and schoolwork, video games can be played until their mushy brains ooze out their ears.
3. Water play in any form for any duration of time is okay.
4. Popsicles can be excessively eaten throughout the day.
5. Craziness is expected at the pool because all wiggles must be expended by the end of the day. No lying down on floaties. Running, jumping, and screaming are all required behavior.
6. Bedtime is decided not by hour, but by the level of naughtiness.
7. Children are praised for sleeping in and given rewards for doing so.
8. Piles throughout the house are acceptable and no maid must feel required to clean anything that will be messy again in mere minutes.
9. Any activity is worth any price in Qatar. Pay top dollar for fun, even if it pains you.
10. Sit, relax, and enjoy the fact that you have your 4 kids around you all day long. It won't last forever.
4 comments:
Well said and soooooooooo true. :)
That's a great list. I so hear you. I blog like crazy in the winter when I tend to hole up at home and avoid the cold, but summer? It's HOT outside and I don't have to wear layers or boots and socks! I can slap on sandals and go, go, go and listen to summer music and eat ice cream and swim and hang out at the park and do library reading programs and free movies and grill and do/attend barbecues. Wait, what were we talking about again? :P
That's a great list. I so hear you. I blog like crazy in the winter when I tend to hole up at home and avoid the cold, but summer? It's HOT outside and I don't have to wear layers or boots and socks! I can slap on sandals and go, go, go and listen to summer music and eat ice cream and swim and hang out at the park and do library reading programs and free movies and grill and do/attend barbecues. Wait, what were we talking about again? :P
Stacy, I wish my reasons were the same as your. Instead, we are hibernating. I think the extreme cold is more motivating. Summers here seem debilitating. In fact, you were killing me with your list! What I wouldn't give for such a fun summer. Remember those AZ summer? Ugh, it's even worse than that. Care to invite me to your BBQ?
Post a Comment