Friday, December 24, 2010

Memory Lane - Illegal Style

Family photo taken in the same spot as Family Photo circa 2009
Asa is still just as uncooperative

We had to visit our old stomping grounds when we returned to Nepal. I was lucky enough to sneak in when I went on girlcation a month before. This time, when we arrived, everything was locked up. Did that stop the Bromleys? Nah.


After we got in--past the lock gates and guard dogs--we looked at each other and thought, 'Wait 'a sec. The whole time we lived here...'
The gardens were well kept despite the fact that the house was vacant. Axel inspected every inch and identified all the things that had changed. The ghosts of cages and pheasants were ever so present.
The play area was nicely paved, but lacked the fun of our jungle gym.

Even Axel's orchids were flourishing.

I think if we all had a choice, we would move right back in. That is, only if we had our day and night time guards back. It appears that crazy people can just walk right in.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

That is scandalous! The grounds look beautiful.

Dianna said...

Oh, and I love the family photo at the beginning. Even Asa is holding pretty still!

Boquinha said...

Wow, look at how the vegetation has grown around that picture spot from 2009 to now! WOWzers. You must miss it like crazy.