Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dialogue between a 5 and 4 year old

Our electricity is out in our kitchen. We first blew the stove and now the hot plate I bought has burnt out each outlet in the kitchen. No more fancy food for us or at least until the house guy comes to fix it (surely two weeks from now after several harassing phone calls from me, ugh).

As a result, I was driving with Heavah, Xavier and Sedona in the car to get some take out. As we were driving around Sedona began to scream (she has taken Axel being gone the hardest) for no apparent reason. The conversation then began like this:

Xavier - “Sedona, you are being a butt.”
Heavah (quick to correct him) - “Xavier, she is not being a butt, she is tired and hungry and she is trying to tell us that she needs food and water.”
Xavier - “Sedona, you are being a butt.”
Heavah – “No Xavier, she doesn’t want to make bad choices, she just needs food and water. She is trying to tell mommy that.”
Xavier – “Sedona, you are being a butt.”
Heavah – “Really Xavier, she just wants to tell mommy something.”
Xavier – “A butt, a butt, a butt (in a musical tone)”
Heavah – “You just don’t understand.”
Xavier – “A butt.”

5 comments:

Anna said...

The funny part of the story is that Xavier was the one butt one. I love the good choices verbage. Good brainwashing.

Cami Severson said...

Haha! That is a great story! (this is Cami) I am so glad you have a blog, I am always forever asking my mom how you guys are doing, but... She never knows anything! I am going to put a link to your blog, from mine, (if you have no objections) so my sisters can see how you guys are doing too. BTW my blog is joecamiseverson.blogspot.com

PS, your kids are BEAUTIFUL!!!

terahreu said...

Yeah, Heavah is easily brainwashed. I am sometimes amazed that she just accepts most everything I tell her. I know it will all change one day, but for now I love it! Xavier, not so. That guy will sit, nod his head and just think in his little mind 'you're a butt.'

terahreu said...

Go right ahead Cami! I would love to link mine with yours but that means I have to figure out how to do that. I will.

You have the makings of a football team (almost). Such cuties. So many boys! Great for you, not so great for your sofa, glass containers or anything else that can be destroyed in your home...

Paige said...

Oh yes, we went to college to mediate such high brow conversations between our brilliant children. Xavier is funny.