You could totally Facebook MY mom. Do it! Especially if she doesn't know you, it will make her stir for hours. I recently read about Mark Zuckerburg, the creator of Facebook, and how he pioneered cyberworld's phenomenon. Fascinating, really. Facebook has been an invaluable tool for me to keep in touch with others. I am not sure what I would do without it. I know there have been a billion blog posts about Facebook, but I thought I would add my own.
This is how my relationship with Facebook has developed:
1. Received one or two 'So and So wants you to join Facebook' emails.
2. Deleted them quickly cause no doubt it is like My Space where you only see drunken high school kids swear like sailors.
3. Receive a personal email from a trusted friend who suggests that, "You really should do this...Blank (Miss Popularity in highschool) has become a lesbian and is now in a relationship with (Miss Athletic in elementary school).
4. Start up an account only on the promise to myself that I will delete it after I get to see all the lame highschool drop outs get uglier and fatter.
5. Receive a flood of friend invites from people who I barely remember, and yet, when I see their name, I must know more.
6. Spend a ridiculous amount of time viewing a girl-I-knew-in-3rd-grade's dog and my sister's friend's brother's Disneyland trip pictures and make no comments (then they would know I was watching them).
7. Begin to post only adorable photos of myself and my children so I can rise above all the high school and elementary school trashiness.
8. Find that profile picture is getting once a day 'Hey baby...' friend invitations.
9. Quickly change profile picture showing me holding a baby or with my husband, and only receive 'Hey baby...' friend invites monthly.
10. Realize that I can be sneaky and read all the wall comments between two people I barely knew before, and yet, I still want to find out all the gossipy details.
11. Realize that other people can do the same so refrain from putting anything on someone's wall that may be discussed at a girls' night out.
12. Find that I am in too deep and can no longer delete the account. I do, after all, have over 200 friends (surely something to put on a resume).
13. Accidently join all the lame clubs (namely, Stop Using Puppies as Shark Bait) and find that I have so many applications I can't manage all vampire bites and pokes I receive.
14. Start searching people who I once knew and have no way of finding again.
15. Find old boyfriends that surely won't accept my 'friend' invitation, but send the invitation anyway.
16. Correspond with old boyfriends and feel very uncomfortable doing so.
17. Let husband see old boyfriend emails ("See you are so much better..."), and send my last email with 'keep in touch'.
18. Suddenly feel completely comfortable with having a Facebook account and prove it by posting many ugly pictures of myself (which subsequently get the most comments of any other posted picture), and not caring one bit.
19. Feel thankful for Facebook and the connection it brings me to people who I would rarely (if ever) see again. Use my home page as a place to advertise the place where someone can find out the real Terah--my blog.
20. Send out a 'Terah invites you to be her friend' email to all those who have the same apprehensions as I did, and email them a link to this page.
3 comments:
i love it! you are so honest about your facebook activities! i do the same things but i'm still in the secretly doing it stage! ha, ha, so much fun!
I'm still in the "can not get sucked into this as much as it would be fun due to time suckage" stage. :P
Hilarious! I am only about halfway through that list so far.
Post a Comment