At times I can easily forget that I live in such a foreign land. It isn't until I leave the gates of my home that I realize that I do, in fact, live in a third world country. Yesterday, out my window I saw...
People walking to the market in coats that are way heavier than the weather requires...
People hauling all sort of items bringing new meaning to 'home delivery'...
Women in bright, colorful kurtas or saris...
People truly down and out...
More garbage than I care to see...

People taking bikes full of fruit and veggies on the busiest intersection in Kathmandu...
The army present at every corner...
Other nationalities such as this group of Muslim boys...
Sludge and grime that smells as bad as it looks...

Bamboo or other resources that have many purposes in Nepal...
Communist rallies...
Men and women selling nuts and other food items....
Mothers and children of all ages at the side of a very busy street...
Clothing hung to be dried...
Signs that show one should consult a dictionary before he/she names a business...


People taking bikes full of fruit and veggies on the busiest intersection in Kathmandu...
The army present at every corner...
Other nationalities such as this group of Muslim boys...
Sludge and grime that smells as bad as it looks...
Bamboo or other resources that have many purposes in Nepal...
Communist rallies...
Men and women selling nuts and other food items....
Mothers and children of all ages at the side of a very busy street...
Clothing hung to be dried...
Signs that show one should consult a dictionary before he/she names a business...
And that was just a short ride to the salon.
2 comments:
The visual of your stuff being moved into your house on a few small trucks is my favorite ever!
It makes me want to see it all! I love your pictorials. I am living vicariously in my clean, garbage free, good smelling home and thinking that your life is so very exotic!!!
Post a Comment