Thursday, February 5, 2009

TB


Recently we received a notice that they have discovered 3 cases of tuberculosis (2 inactive, 1 active) at the school. We were then told not to worry too much as 47% of all Nepalis have TB.

I am not sure what news makes me feel worse.

5 comments:

Summer said...

I hope that you don't have to worry about it at all and that your family is safe.

Stephanie said...

Are your kids vaccinated? There is a vaccine for TB. I know some parents don't vaccinate, however, if you are interested, here are a couple sites with info about the vaccine.

http://harvardscience.harvard.edu/medicine-health/articles/inhaled-tuberculosis-vaccine-may-be-more-effective-injected-vaccine

http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/generic.jsp?id=75735

terahreu said...

Yes, indeed, we are all vaccinated. There is no way someone who lives overseas could be antivaccine. That is like playing Russian Roulette.

Taku, Beverly, Kanae and Makoto said...

At first when I saw the post title on my page I thought you had written about your upcoming trip to Thailand & Bali.

Anyway, glad to hear that you are all vaccinated.

happyhubbub said...

Aauuuggghhh!!

Glad you're all vaccinated. Just to be safe though, have the kids hold their breath at school.