We are finally back in Nepal and it is so great to be in my own bed. It was also so nice to have the help of my mom and niece on the way home. We divided the kids and conquered. We have been running fast ever since.
The trip was difficult but so good to see so many of my old friends. Some of them I have seen as recently as 2 years ago and other I have not seen in 15 or 20 years. It is amazing how much people change and yet, they are the same. It is great to have new memories with old friends.
Some of my friends aren't featured in this blog. I just didn't have my camera at the right time. I also missed visiting with some of my friends because of distance. I realize that having 4 kids limits your time, it isn't like it used to be. I was spread too thin. Where were my maids when I needed them???
Janine. Janine and I have been friends since we were two. We danced to Oliva Newton John, wore Michael Jackson's gloves (R.I.P), and skipped gym class together. When I recall a childhood memory, it usually has Janine in it. I love her like a sister and I feel honored to have her as my best friend.
Heavah and Janine's daugher Avery
Living in the same home for 18 years allowed me to develop incredible friendships. My children will never be able to experience this and it makes me a little sad. It is the price they pay for elephant rides and exotic adventures. What is better? I can't say.
1 comment:
Hmm. Interesting question at the end of this post. You identified the "opportunity cost" of the life you've chosen vs. the life of more boring people like myself. I don't have the answer, but somehow I think it will all work out in the end.
Post a Comment