Thursday, July 30, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Our garden is now yielding a ton of veggies. I wish I could say it was from my effort, but our guards have spent hours seeding, planting and weeding. During the month I was gone, our garden has flourished. We now have fresh veggies for every dinner.  

This is about the extent of my contribution to the gardening.  I was on Asa watch the whole time.  
Obviously, I didn't do a very good job.
The beginnings of a great garden

Upon our return from the US and Canada, we had plenty to pick.  In fact, the week before we arrived Axel would not allow anyone to pick anything.  It took less than an hour after we arrived before the kids were in the garden picking.  The white things the kids are holding are an extra spicy white radish.  They are sooooooo delicious!  We also have a year supply of basil thanks to Brad for smuggling in some good Italian Basil seeds.  
Asa grazing.
Now we just have to keep Randy and the bunnies out of our goodies and it is salads galore!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Your corn looks better than most of the corn I have seen in Ontario.

Boquinha said...

Awesome! We're getting to the harvest season, too. And LOVE it! YUM!

Summer said...

So sad that you have to leave all of that wonderful garden behind!