Dying to get over this creativity funk
We are desperate for good art here. Even though we have one of the most renowned Islamic Art Museums here, outside of that beautiful building, it is slim pick'ns. Axel and I feel like our creativity notch has been turned way down since we left Nepal. I think the atmosphere of Nepal--the colors, the smells, the people--inspired us to create.
Apparently, for our neighbor (who also happens to be a member of our church) doesn't feel that same way. He is an architect by profession, but he decided to go into teaching at a university in Education City. Unlike his rigorous work schedule back in the states, he had extra time in Doha so he did what he loved--painting.
As a result, his art was on display at the university exhibit. Axel and I couldn't resist the opportunity to go check it out:
What to do with the ropes? I was slightly relieved the kids didn't join. This corner would have inspired some crazy climbing. Or maybe that was the point...
The majlis (Arabic traditional seating) was in all sorts of unconventional shapes. Axel wasn't sure how to sit on the cushions, but I totally figured it out. You, too, could look this hot.
2 comments:
I love that camel picture! Swipe it for me, okay? (o:
Wow! How does Brett rate?! It was so nice of you to visit the exhibit. I hope you and Axel get inspired. I want to see what you create!
Post a Comment