The wise, old woman at the podium
Trying to fit everything in within two weeks has been no small task. My days are long and exhausting. But the biggest perk of my job is interacting with the students. It reminds me of my days in graduate school--young, impressionable, and eager. What happened? Wasn't that just yesterday? Now, I am considered the older woman who has 4 kids and full of advice. I am hoping their youthfulness and enthusiasm is rubbing off on me. It is my alternative to botox.
I especially feel that my age is catching up to me when I look down at my feet and see this:
It doesn't help that the shoes are granny-style as well. I was under a time crunch and had to purchase the best Carrefour could offer. Another sign of aging: willing to compromise my style...
Yes, I wore two different shoes to work today. In my defense, it was early, dark, and the shoes are both black. What I can't defend is I have lost interest in petty details over the years. And when I say 'petty details' I mean how to dress myself...
Absent-minded professor, indeed.
9 comments:
THAT is funny
Bwahahahahaha!
(Pause to gain composure).
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :) Love the post. So glad you blog.
It doesn't help that the shoes, themselves, are granny style. I had two hours before I went to the airport to find shoes. These were the best black shoes Carrefour had to offer. Ick.
You always look amazing no matter what you wear! Hugs and good luck !!!
You sure come by it honestly. Your lack of patience you get from your dad in the traffic but I guess you get a little of your creativity in dressing from your mom.
Love ya
mom
oh dear...it is time to come home!
Okay, so now I love you even more. This is how old I am: As I was looking at the photo of your feet, I was thinking, "her feet don't look swollen." It took me a few seconds to even notice the different shoes.
Rick Cid introduced me to your blog and I love it! I have 4 kids under age 7 and I love the idea of living abroad. I'll read this and live vicariously :)
Post a Comment