Friday, January 22, 2010

Solo in Dubai

I arrived in Dubai last night and I will be here for two weeks. Two weeks-without the kids-without my husband-alone. I am teaching Business Communications to MBA students in Academic City. I used to teach here in '07 and shortly after Asa's birth in '08. Ever since I left, I have been given opportunities for contractual work through the school. I love to keep my wheels turning. It isn't work to me, it is what I love.

What I don't love is being away from these guys:
And these girls:

But most importantly, I don't love being away from the man hugging my girls. He is my strength, he is my rock, and I am blessed that he gives me wings to do what I enjoy doing. I am a more confident and successful woman because of him.

Stay tuned for some more sappiness, cause nothing makes you love your family more than the absence of crying and poop....

3 comments:

Lori Ellsworth said...

Two weeks is a LONG time to be away! I hope you have fun and don't miss them too much! Gorgeous pictures!!

Christine said...

Darn, I was going to take you up on your fantastic cooking skills. I guess you're doing what you enjoy. Have fun and see you when you get back.

Ryan and Brindi said...

oh you two are so cute! i love hearing how close you too are and how great your marriage is. your kids are soooo beautiful and i can just imagine how hard it would be to be away for 2 weeks! that's great though that you have such a neat opportunity.