Sedona, the practical driver
Driving in Doha takes extreme concentration and I find myself arriving at my destination frustrated and annoyed. Overall, Doha drivers are reckless and obnoxious. It is common practice for drivers to drive two inches from your bumper and flash high beams in the fast lane. This is in the city, with congestion, speeding to get to a stop light. Grrr....
Yesterday I was driving with Sedona in the car. I must have been conveying my frustrations to a car as I was approaching a roundabout. That is when Sedona made this observation:
Sedona: 'Mom, are you talking to cars?"
Me: "Um, yes, I suppose I am."
Sedona: "Mom, that is so silly. Why would you talk to a car? Cars don't talk back."
Me: "I am just telling that car I am frustrated."
Sedona: "Mom, if cars don't have mouths, cars can't talk. If cars don't have ears, they can't hear you."
Well, shut. me. up.
5 comments:
She is so smart!!! Maddie always says to me "Mom, you hate driving in Doha cause the drivers are crazy?" To which I reply, "yes". I must have said that a kizillion times for her to know. But speaking of Doha....when are we gonna get out and go on vaca? :)
Ohhhh, I hear you. How observant of Maddie! We miss preschool.
I am off to Dubai for two weeks, but when I return I am determined to go somewhere. Morocco, Spain, Greece, shall we?
Hilarious. I'm impressed you had the wherewithal to pay attention to, remember, and record that conversation while you multi-tasked the driving!
I just love your blog. That post was hilarious. Thanks!
I need sedona to ride with her grandpa camilleri. Like father like daughter. you come by it naturally and now we just need a recording of sedona everytime your dad gets in the car. you might even be able to market that cd for all us partners who hear the complaining all the time.
Post a Comment