
We made a quick stop at Aqaba before heading north to the Dead Sea. We were all tempted to forego our Dead Sea plans so we could stay there a bit longer. Once Jason and Axel saw the sea, they just had to see what was below its surface. I think Megan and I would have indulged our husbands but the rooms were booked and we had to keep moving. We stayed long enough to take a glass boat ride over the Red Sea to view Eilat, Israel and Taba, Egypt, and Aqaba all in one sitting.

Truth be told we didn't really see many fish. I am not sure if it was because it was so picked over or if the 'glass bottom boat' needed a real Windex clean. Fish or no fish the kids were so happy to be on a boat and with each other.


It took 10 minutes before the shoes were off and the jeans were soaked.
Only a couple hours later we piled in the cars and headed north. The drive was so spectacular. So many colors and different landscapes. There was a mixture of huge black rock and bright red sand. I found myself ohhhing and ahhhing over and over again. By hour 3 the kids were sick of hearing it. But tough. God made a beautiful world and I've gotta tell my kids often. "Now put down the iPad and stare out the window, its beautiful damn it."


I have thought about this trip and wondered why it was such an amazing success--especially with so many little kids. I realized that the company was the best part. I am entirely convinced that the best way to travel is with another family that you love. The kids stated over and over again that the best part of Jordan was Jack and Maddie. Sedona and Asa have not stopped talking about them. The odd time Asa will cry and say, 'I wanna go home. To Jack and Maddie's home.' My heart melts.

You know you have awesome friends when they can see your family tired, annoyed, and hungry and they still like you. That is the true test of a good friendship. However, if you could have the real friendship without testing it, that would also be nice. We have already planned our trips for when the kids are grown and less maintenance. No more proving needed.

Looks like a cheesy bereavement card, doesn't it? It is the 'dead' sea after all. How's that for cheese?
1 comment:
Make me cry!!! We love you guys!!!
Post a Comment