Monday, May 2, 2011

The Easter Dress 2011


Since we traveled over the Easter weekend, I gave myself a little more time to finally complete Sedona's Easter dress. I feel like I am back in my groove.

Sedona is always pretty in pink

I am currently making a quilt for Heavah that represents a sample of the dresses I have made for her since she was 2. I then realized that I have not made nearly as many dresses for Sedona, and Sedona is a dress girl. I kicked it into high gear and started this Easter dress. It just might be one of my favorites.
I believe the sleeves are my favorite. It took more work, but so worth it.

For those of you who understand smock talk, I used the 'Double Delight' plate from Creative Needle's Nov/Dec 2003 issue. The pattern is Vogue 7435 , which is a Teresa Layman design.

The dress in progress is in honor of the Royal Wedding. Sedona's enchanted look during the ceremony put me back in the sewing room. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

K said...

So very impressed. You are incredibly talented. Beautiful.

Megan said...

I love it!!!! Such a cute dress!! I am so impressed! Sedona looks so happy!

Dianna said...

Soooo sweet and what a talent you have!

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

you have some mad skills! Can't wait to see the next creation.