
Yesterday Sedona asked: "Mom, when you born me did you give me the name Sedona?"
Me: Yes.
Sedona: "I think a much better name is Butterfly."
She is right, butterflies are graceful, beautiful, and delicate--all the qualities she is drawn to. But if I named her according to her favorite things, I would have to decide between Cake, Pink, iPhone, and Paparazzi (the song, not the people). That is as crazy as naming your kid 'Like' after the Facebook tab. No one would be that nuts.
To acknowledge her creativity , I reassured her that she would have a chance to name her child anything she wants. The only thing I can hope for is that her taste will change over the years like mine did. Otherwise, my eldest daughter would have been 'Eternity' and my eldest son would have been 'Drakkar Noir'. Oh, and Mariah Carey because not only should my future children smell nice, they should also be able to sing to the whales.
2 comments:
lol..isn't draakar noir that colone that is supposed to have female endorpines (however the crap you spell it) it in?
I believe so, Megan. Maybe that is why I was so drawn to it. Those early 90's stake dances made my heart pitter patter. I believe boys would bathe in the stuff. Might as well name a child after it.
Post a Comment