
The month of August was probably the longest month of my life. Since the kids were stuck indoors all day long because of the debilitating heat, I had to find a solution to remedy their boredom and insanity. I can't really take the credit for the solution we had come up with because it was all Axel's idea. I think he knew the urgency for all of us to get a break. He insisted that I booked tickets for a week in Dubai at the Atlantis so the kids could have some waterpark fun and burn off a little steam.

Atlantis is a child's dream come true. There are bright lights, imaginative displays and water, water, water. It was the perfect thing for my shut-in children.


A highlight was when Xavier noticed a vehicle completely engulfed in flames. He must have saw it when it just started on fire because we practically saw the entire scene from start to finish. The response was slow and, to be honest, the firefighters did not seem like the swiftest crew around. They were more interested in watching it burn than putting the fire out.


We spent two days at the waterpark and the kids could not get enough. They especially loved the 'Leap of Faith', which scared the pants off me. I spent most of my time sitting at the bottom of the waterslide waiting for my kids to come down. As a result, I heard 'Wow, that was insane!' in about 15 different languages. Man, I love Dubai.


We probably could have spent another 4 days there, no problem. I have to say it was pretty nice to sit back and relax and have no agenda at all. Energy was burned, junk food was eaten, and inside jokes were made. All the makings of a fabulous trip!
2 comments:
wow, sounds absolutely amazing. i love all of the pictures of the hotel. what art! also, insane you are stuck indoors for august. ouch. with how creative you are though it sounds like you are the perfect person to be able to deal with it.
My kids would have thought they died and went to heaven! How awesome!
Post a Comment