
In homeschool we have been talking about the Egyptian period. The kids really love it because there are so many cool things to discuss (dismembering a body, sucking out brains, hidden treasure). For the history/art units I have been using Story of the World and my sister-in-law's brilliant program Art Through the Ages. So far, the resources have both worked out perfectly together.
Today we made headdresses and the kids pasted jewels and all sorts of things to make them look like the most important Pharaoh. Then, Heavah insisted that we do a reenactment of the robbers stealing the treasure from Cheop's tomb. They were the mummies and I was the robber. It was a great way to put in some serious tickles as, of course, the robbers stole the mummies as well.

2 comments:
We use Story of the World, too. We love it. There are so many great activities in their accompanying activity books. We LOVE those "steal the treasure" games. When are you coming over to play?
Cute headdresses. Love Story of the World. I didn't know about the activity book. I'm going out right now to get it. Thanks for the ideas.
Post a Comment