Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tibetan Furniture

There are so many great things to buy in Nepal (much to Axel's dismay). Everything is so authentic and artistic and it is difficult to know where to start. It is a big switch from the variety we had in Dubai. The only thing we loved there were carpets imported from Iran. Dubai can only make big expensive things, not small affordable things.

Axel and I have been especially drawn to the traditional Tibetan furniture they have here. We recently decided to order a few for our home. We got to look at many samples and had them custom made to our liking. We got to see the process from beginning to end.

q2

q5

q3

a5

q7

q8

q9

q10

q11

Embossing

The Result:

a1

a3

a4

I consider it the interior designing challenge of the year. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Sally said...

Oh my, those are gorgeous. Truly. They will look good anywhere!

Linsey said...

What a great souvenir. Your home will be a multicultural masterpiece when your life overseas comes to a close.

Jenibelle said...

so cool!!!!I would like a pictorial of your entire home!