We tried to pack a lot in before my parents made their way back to Canada. We first went to a really fancy Nepali restaurant (an oxymoron, I know).
The next morning, we boarded a plane headed to see Everest.
Mount Everest is the only one with a cloud above it.
Again, Everest is the one with the cloud.
Every passenger gets a view from the captain's seat. It is a little odd having the captain chat with you while the plane is in flight. I know there is autopilot, but being that high up and having the captain talk about the view is a little unnerving.
This mountain is considered sacred and no person is allowed to trek on it. No one has been able to tell me exactly why, but I hear the gods will curse anyone who attempts to climb it. Obviously, no one has given it a try. I am sure any trekker knows that climbing such a massive mountain is risky enough. I would not want to tempt a god no matter how beautiful the peak is. Have you not seen how scary those gods can look when they are mad?
That is the only way I care to visit 8 of the World's highest mountains. In a plane, where it is warm, and back on the ground in 45 minutes.
_________________
Within hours my parents boarded a real plane headed to the UAE and then Canada. We miss them greatly and wished they could have stayed MUCH longer. After all that fun, everything is a downer. We can't wait till their next visit. Love and miss you, Mom and Dad!
3 comments:
SO COOL! But that little Buddha airplane would have totally freaked me out. Your life is so interesting.
Wow Terah, you did and had so much fun with your parents. They must have loved seeing so much. But most of all they must have loved spending time with you and your family. You are so lucky that they were able to come. I can't wait to hear all about their trip from them. Thanks for sharing it all with us.
That's the same type of plane David used to fly for US Airways between Bar Harbor and Boston. So, he thought the pictures were especially fun to look at. (Funny that Buddha Air had autopilot - his planes never did because the airline was too cheap to pay to install that. =)
Post a Comment