For the past 5 years I have practiced yoga. It was a little on and off since I have been carrying babies for 40 months out of that time. It seemed that I would birth a baby, get back into yoga, and then in no time, I was prego again. It was always disappointing knowing that all my hard work would just result in a big belly and flabbiness all over again.
Regardless of my many expanding waistlines, I have always been a big believer in the benefits of yoga--mentally and physically. Ever since our trip to India, I turned my mom onto yoga as well. She has faithfully attended a class back in Canada and firmly believes yoga has benefited her as well.
Our breathing and 'om' practices
Sinus acupuncture
I have worked out a bit since I arrived in Nepal, but much to my dismay, I have not practiced yoga. Before my mom arrived, I was determined to find us a private yoga teacher.
Our Nepalese yoga instructor has been practicing for years. Her teacher was a physician and well known yogi in these parts. It has been interesting to see how yoga has been 'westernised'. There are a lot of differences to what I was practicing back home to what our instructor has taught us here. She has taught us the true practice of yoga from dietary requirements to breathing techniques. She has also made us memorize all of the 'assins' in yoga.
Yoga is a little funky, but it rocks. I could not live in Nepal without being exposed to the true form of yoga.
Yet again, just another thing in Nepal that has deeply enriched my life and kicked my a*&.
3 comments:
I love that last shot best: "I reach my zen state fastest when I plant myself amidst the toys."
very nice article, simply i liek your blog and thanks for sharing all the photos of yoga
thank u
Yoga schools
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often and thanks for your photos to share with us.
Yoga Schools
Post a Comment