Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blogging Expertise, Please!

I am thankful to my husband's cousins, Paige and Celia, who deferred many people to my site. They are both blogging masters and as a result of their recommendation, I have had WAY more hits than before. Thanks for visiting! And for those of you who haven't checked out their site from mine, take a peek and get ready to laugh.

I must say though, that I feel my blog is not quite as clever or as flashy as many I've seen (I have done my fair share of 'blerking'). So, since I have now tapped into a wealth of information, I ask, "Please, tell me what new features are 'must haves', and what blog sites are worth visiting?"

This blog is really a blog for posterity and yet, if I can find some helpful hints and add some features to make blogging a little easier, please, do tell... Now, because I do live in Nepal, I am restricted on what I can add. For example, I must download only one picture at a time because my connection is too slow for larger files. So, I may not have the luxury of adding multiple videos or slides to my site, but I can always give it a try.

So, to all of you out there who happen upon my site, please share your blogging expertise. I am living in a country where a telephone is a luxury, so your advice is invaluable.

My current humble blogging conditions. This is our set up until our real desk, chair, etc. arrives.

10 comments:

Paige said...

All I know is you MUST get Google reader. Do you have it? Saves you hours. And if you want visitors to your site, you've gotta comment on others sites. But your blog is such a great record people will read it anyway, and even if you don't what a great way to remember all your adventures!

Annie said...

I'm one of those who linked over from Paige and Celia.

You already have something that no one else has...you're living in Nepal! That's why I'll be coming back=to hear about your adventures.

I agree with Paige about Google reader, too!

Boquinha said...

Yeah, a reader is a must have, but I suggest Bloglines. We've used both (Google Reader and Bloglines) and much prefer Bloglines (and that's saying a lot since we LOVE Google and have even worked for them for years). It's such a GREAT way to track everyone's blogs as people update them (instead of randomly clicking to know when they've done it). With bloglines, you can read, view pictures, etc. all on its own page/site (good for slower connections).

And I agree with Paige and Annie--you live in Nepal! That's enough to keep people reading. Plus with all of us referring people your way, it's bound to grow! :P

Hi Shylock! Man, that dog just makes you happy to look at him. :)

Boquinha said...

Hey cool, your blog is on Dubai time (look at the timestamp on our comments). :P

Summer said...

This is Summer Thorp aka Summer Fraser. I found your blog today through Rachel's. She has told me from time to time about what you were up to and I thought I would check it out for myself.

I love how you just go along and describe your adventures. I would have a heart attack if I had to move across Ontario!

Good Time Charlie said...

Your blog is fascinating. Just the information on Nepal keeps me coming back and I have passed it on to my husband and sisters. Nepal is one place I hope to get to before I die, with my father-in-law who has already lived there for a time. Any pictures your provide are wonderful. So much more interesting than my very happy, but very pedestrian life-style in Brentwood. Thanks again for sharing.

Here at home said...

So, yeah, I was a fan the first time I check this out. My husband and I have gotten a good laugh out of you. Thanks for sharing your adventures with all of us. Good luck getting all your stuff.

Here at home said...

Hey, here is a link http://rnbsmith.blogspot.com/2008/06/windows-live-writer.html to my sis's blog that explains windows live writer. You can do your whole post offline and then post it to your blog. You can just click and drag all your pictures into your post without having to download them all. It's so nice.

Bonnie said...

Sharon told me to check you out and I have been coming back ever since. I really love to read your adventures and you are very funny. I will link to you if that is ok.

Sharon told you about Windows Live Writer. It is a GREAT way to do your blogs off line and it saves so much time in adding pictures. (I love all of your pictures!)There are lots of cool things you can do with it. Google it or check out the link above that Sharon gave you.

terahreu said...

Thanks a billion, everyone! After I post my blog tonight I will explore the suggestions you all gave. Just got back from a minivacation. So will post a long one, soon!

Summer, can you invite me to your blog? How are you doing?