Saturday, November 22, 2008

Swinging

During festival time there is a special treat for the children in Nepal. The bamboo swing can be spotted everywhere with a long line of kids awaiting their turn. We were lucky to find one in a small mountain village without a line.

x1

Xay won the prize for going the highest.

x2

This kid didn't.

x1

4 comments:

Linsey said...

How wonderful to have a tradition of swinging during festival time. Sounds like a joyful culture.

Simply Done Together said...

Ok so what a fun thing to do. Hunting for huge swings to swing on. How can we start that tradition in the States?

Melinda said...

Every time I check this blog out I am totally impressed--seems like the other commenters have the same experience. Anyway this time it was those wood carvings, wow. Please remember to show us the tree of life one when it is completed. I like Paige's idea too. (is she your cousin that lived in Utah and you tiled her bathroom floor for her?)

Jenibelle said...

That looks so scary and unstable.