Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dear Paige

Dear Paige,

You know the height of fashion in Kathmandu is best demonstrated here:

                           q5 

While I might not be as bad as this guy, as I look at all my blog pictures, I am almost always in the same thing;  my knock off A&F sweats.  The fact that I know they are knock-offs make them all the better because if it dirties (which is inevitable here), I don't care. 

I have blamed the fact that I have been out of a social/fashion scene for so long I have forgotten what celebrity to discuss or what reality show is worth noting because I live in such a black hole.   I might live in Nepal and love the strangeness, but it is no question I long to feel 'normal' sometimes.  Even if that is just being caught up in fashion.

It is all an excuse, and yet, I embrace it.   But today I was reading your blog (which besides the laughs I get, it also helps me keep up with what is happening in the world), and imagine my surprise and delight as I drove by my favourite store and saw THIS in the window!!!!

THE MUMMY DRESS!

q1

Well, sort of.  As close as we can get.  But for a mere 35 bucks, what do you expect?  

So, now, when you read my blog and think 'Ugh, what horrible clothing!  The poor thing must have no choice', now I DO!!!

No excuses for me. 

q2

Other than the fact that once you go for comfort, it is hard to come back.  Your fashion sense inspires me and maybe, one day, you will catch me wearing the dress instead of just taking its picture.    Just not today...

But hey, it is a good picture isn't it?

We miss you guys and hope you get to come visit us one day.

Love, your cousin-in-law,

Terah

2 comments:

Jenibelle said...

I think that would look really nice with a t-shirt under it because of the mo-standards.

Paige said...

I think it would be great with the shade shirt too! Love it. It's exactly the same but without the Nordie's price!

Your sari's are much more fashionable then I could ever be.