Friday, December 5, 2008

Star Gazing

This is Axel again. I heard at work that Monday night was going to be an unique event. Apparently Jupiter, Venus and the moon were going to semi align to make some pretty cool night time viewing.

I got home and looked up and saw this:

q1

Well, kind of. This was my first picture and I jiggled it a bit.

I invited the maids out to see it and Kopila started doing the head and heart head and heart thing that looks way too catholic. She said 'maybe it is Shiva'! Well, maybe or maybe not. But it was cool. I tried using it without a flash. The exposure was really long so you could see more of the moon in this picture than with the naked eye.

q3

Then I used the telephoto lense and got this one:

q2

Just looking at it with the naked eye it really did look like a smiley face.

I tried to tell Heavah and Xavier it was Heavenly Father looking down to make sure they were being good to which Xay said 'no dad, it is just the moon and venus and 'pter. My teacher told me about them'. What is next, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Jabberwocky in the closet?? They grow up too fast.

But you know,with those clouds it looks more like Mr. Bill to me. But then that was way before their time.

And probably yours too. That's how old I am...

Oh no....

No comments: