We also took my parents to Pokhara. It was a LONG trip from Chitwan to Lumbini to Pokhara and the road conditions weren't ideal. The piture below shows the major highway in Nepal connecting Butwal to Pokhara. You can't see it, but there is a huge cliff to the edge of this mudslide. We were doing a lot of handle gripping the entire 6 hours we were in our van. Axel saw angels a few times (what else is new?).
The last two hours were done in the dark. Is it better to see the poor road and cliff or just know it is there in the dark? We couldn't decide. But finally we made it to Pokhara and the safety of a warm bed.
Devis Falls
Cave exploring
Ganesh puja because this is a cave and therefore must be sacred.
Boat ride on the lake
A gross pigeon Xavier caught
Sedona and my dad (who hasn't aged since he turned 40).
Checking out the locals
This was our last stop. We put in at least 18 hours of driving on some not-so-favourable road conditions. However, we arrived in Kathmandu safe and sound on Christmas Eve.
Christmas was a blast. It was simple, but nice. And the best present I got was a trip to Thailand. I am leaving tomorrow.
Until I return...
2 comments:
How casually you mention that you are off to Thailand. That is one heck of a present!
I love reading your blog. I've decided that it's not in me to have that kind of life (and I'm totally okay with that) but I'm so glad we've got friends who do so I can read about it!! And Thailand? I can hardly wait to read about it! Are you all going? I'm so curious!!
Post a Comment