Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gallivanting

Having my parents here has been one big party. It is a bother to sleep because that means there is no fun to be had. So far, there isn't much my parents haven't seen in Kathmandu. Now, the week before Christmas, we are piling in the van: children, parents, maids and our driver for an exploration throughout the Nepali countryside. We are going from jungles to mountains and we will see everything from elephants to mountain goats.

As long as we can keep people from puking or falling from a cliff, it should be a good time.

Here are some photos of our time thus far:

q1

Overlooking Kathmandu

q2 q3

x2

x3

x4

Mom with the carpet she purchased.

More to come.

4 comments:

Boquinha said...

Your parents look great! I know how much fun they are, too. You guys must never sleep . . .

Jenibelle said...

Wow! I didn't know that Khatmandu was so huge and metropolitan looking. Interesting. It would be fun exploring. Do they celebrate Christmas or are most Hindu or Muslim? Can you get a tree? Oh, and you never said...was the Target really a Target?

terahreu said...

Stacy- Thanks! We really are having too much fun. Hence the reason why I haven't been commenting on your blog. I will catch up, one day.

Jennibelle - Looks can be deceiving. It looks like a metropolitan city from that picture but it is really just one big village.
Nepal has the highest concentration of Hindus per capita than any other country in the world. There is only a very small Muslim community here. We have a fake tree and we could get some tacky decorations at the odd shop, but I think I will pass.
The Target was not a Target at all. It was just a really mean way of naming a horrible, generic store. I could only wish for a real Target. The sacrifices we make...

Boquinha said...

I have to tell you--I dreampt last night that we visited Nepal. Axel showed us all kinds of beautiful places and kept catching birds and releasing them into the wild. I was so excited when you showed up. And guess what you were wearing! An Abercrombie and Fitch shirt! :P So fun to visit with you guys--even in a dream! :P