Sunday, January 9, 2011

Asa's Preschool

The days without Dona have made Asa bored and ready for something new. He has talked about going to school ever since she left. I have tried a daily singing and dancing routine but he was unimpressed. I have completely lost my mothering mojo. I've petered.

Asa started school while all the other kids were still on their holiday break. As he was preparing to leave he kept saying to all of his siblings, 'Say good bye to me. I go to school now.' The first time was calm and sweet. It wasn't until all the kids completely ignored him he yelled, 'SAY GOODBYE TO ME! I GO TO SCHOOL NOWWWWW!!!' Being the youngest Bromley requires a demanding personality. You have to get a proper send off somehow.

Asa was brimming with confidence when he arrived. He told us that when he goes to school he will meet friends, play at the playground, and shoot ghosts. I am surprised he didn't add spin webs and drive batmobiles. Apparently, he is a vigilante in training.

Everything was fine and dandy until Asa arrived in class and realized, um, wait, I don't know these people. The look of horror showed up on his face. There wasn't a Dona, Heavah or Xavier in the entire room. What to do? The fear subsided when he was chosen to be the line leader. All his worries melted away. Leading a bunch of kids is up his alley. The boy likes to be in charge.

Asa is sold on this school thing. Everyday since he has asked to go back to play at the playground (I am told the ghost shootings don't happen until next term). To show his appreciation, he has been fully potty trained. He has also had a smile plastered on his face something akin to this:

Made ya laugh, didn't I?

4 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

lol. that boy looks pure bromley! what a cutie. also, i loved the tea party for dona! good job mom!

Megan said...

YES!!! Made me giggle!! Jack is with me and he said "hes all grown up" he has!! can't beleive how much he has grown in 3 months

Dianna said...

Yes, I laughed and boy did I need it! I love the ghost shooting part the best. Maybe I should sign up for next term. Asa is such a handsome guy, and so grown up!

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

that last picture is hilarious. Perfection! Awwww...my heart is saddened...he was a baby when you moved to doha and now he is big enough to wear the alfardan shoestyle! Put his name on those or they will get lost or swapped. Congrats on the potty training well enough to go to school! That is a big feat!