Friday, January 7, 2011

High Tea with Dona


This week I held an impromptu tea party for my girl who loves all-things-pink. Heavah was too busy outside making serious cash with her lemonade stand (business before pleasure) so it was just the three generations sitting straight and acting proper.

A twirl session was on the agenda. I twirl far too little nowadays. Shame on me.
Sweets were a must. Ours were purchased at the hoity toity cupcake store in the hoity toity mall. Dona doesn't get enough hoity or toity in her life.

The discussion focused on friends, boyfriends (or at least the classification of boys-being-friends), the color pink, and shopping. We clanked our glasses to being a girl.

Sedona was a lovely guest of honor, and she kept the hour lively and interesting. The event was refined and classy thanks to the No Boys Allowed policy, which was strictly enforced by the pint sized girl herself.


We also painted our fingernails a light shade of pink. Grandma was a great manicurist. She has the best nails, hand model worthy. No one was more qualified.

Other than a broken glass and spilled juice, the occasion was flawless. Sedona expressed the need for more tea parties in her life. I couldn't agree with her more.



8 comments:

Linsey said...

What a sweet idea. She looks deliriously happy.

Megan said...

Awe!! What a fun idea! She has so much more hair now!!! I am guessing that there must be a new cupcake shop. Sure...now that I am gone! Oh well, I will just drowned my sorrows at georgetown cupcakes today...for one last time. :)

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

wait a minute! Who took the great photo's? You new house looks great! And those are some giganto pearls! Did you also take Dona to China? I want to come to your house for high tea!

Jackie said...

Lurve the phearls dharling! One must ensure ones daughter has her own for future High Teas. One simply isn't dressed without phearls dharling.
What fun!!

Dianna said...

Oh, I didn't see any pinkies up . . maybe you will have to have another tea party and focus on the ACTING hoity toity (I love the line about how Sedona doesn't get enough hoity or toity). What a great pink party you had! Next time you will have to borrow our book called PINKALICIOUS to read during your ultra-feminine event.

terahreu said...

The pearls are from China. I should have bought some kids pearls while we were at the market. Axel took the photos. He was allowed to be present as long as he didn't participate.

Dianna- That is what I was missing! Pinkalicious would have made a perfect addition to the party. Next time pinkies will be up!

diplobrisco said...

Your house looks so nice! You are always talking about pillows so I checked those out in your photos. So pretty. Also, those are all Axel's paintings, right? That is so awesome!
You know, I could do a high tea party. I'm not into the doll and barbie thing with my girls but I could totally do a tea party. Are the pearls real? Oh my gosh! What a great time with mom and grandma! Love the pictures!!

Boquinha said...

What a cute post. Way to go.