For the past three months, I have been attending a quilting class. The night before I started the class I realized I did not buy any fabric for my quilt. Finding fabric at the fabric souq in Doha is an impossible task. It requires a lot of time and patience. At the time, I had neither. So I grabbed the only fabric I had in my supply that *slightly* matched and began.
Our talented and patient teacher taught us how to make a beautiful and complicated sampler quilt. During the passing weeks, I realized that my quilt was probably the most hideous thing I have ever seen (okay, besides the tie quilt my mom made in the 70s). I abandoned the project. I couldn't stand looking at it any longer. It made my eyes sore.
I finally uncovered some bright and colorful fabrics out of my reject pile for a quilt for Heavah and Sedona's room. I picked up another project and started working on something entirely different. This one took me 1/3 of the time and turned out 1000 times cuter:
The colors may see odd, but they match perfectly in my girls' room. When I finally get their room the way I (ehem, I mean they) want it, I will display the whole ensemble. I know you can't wait. It's going to be fabulous...or something. 
Our clean, organized and tidy art room. Martha Stewart would be proud.
The holidays have been a little slow so I have started two more projects. Axel has also been painting up a storm. There is nothing better than a new Lie to Me season on disk, a sewing machine, and a canvas that is ready to go....
No comments:
Post a Comment