Today was Eid. It not only signifies that Ramadan is now officially over, but is also means we can do this in public:
and this:
It also meant that the stores were semi-open and we could see life in the mall. There are real people that live in this city during the day. I was beginning to wonder...The stores were not the only thing opened. We ate at the food court--at noon! It was so liberating licking a McDonalds ice cream cone while the sun was up.
Starbucks even had its fair share of customers sipping coffee and smoking cigarettes. It is now time to return to all those guilty pleasures.
We ended the day watching the sunset on the Cornice. We all watched it go down with full tummies and a smile on our faces. Life in Qatar can now officially begin..for reals.

4 comments:
So there is still smoking indoors there? Yuck. That's something I'm glad America is getting on board with eradicating. I hate that smell.
Cute picture of you and the kids. :)
That mall looks like Vegas. Hope you did some damage!
I was thinking the same thing! Reminds me of the Aladdin.
That mall looks like Caesar's palace!
Post a Comment