Asa's smile lately. This photo really doesn't have anything to do with this post, but must be documented.
Today I...1. Read scriptures, prayers, and took the kids downstairs at 6:30am to catch the bus for school. Read the newspaper.
2. Soothed my baby who is obviously teething (gross poop and loads of spit, yes!).
3. Dropped Axel off at the Ministry Building for his medical test for his visa.
4. Watched the littles. Read books with them. Soothed a teething baby.
5. Received a phone call from Axel to tell me he failed the medical. He has a spot on his lung. We knew, it is fine. BUT, it is delaying the visa process, which slows down our ability to, A. Buy a van; B. Get a visa for me and the kids; C. Find a home to rent; D. Get our maid; E. Get our driver. Sometimes I hate civilization. It is so complicated.
6. Picked up Axel, and drove to the American School (who called me yesterday to tell me that a miracle has occurred and there are two openings for Heavah and Xavier).
7. Soothed a teething baby.
8. Visited the American School and received a confirmation that it is the right school for the kids. Became sad I already spent $150. for school uniforms and $200 on extra curricular activities at the other school.
9. Scheduled another assessment for Heavah and Xavier on Monday (my children must be the most assessed primary school aged children ever).
10. Looked at a compound near the school and became excited that our lives will be in a close proximity to the airport, the school, and Axel's work.
11. Came home, met Heavah & Xavier from school. Told them they will be going to a different school. Listened to them moan.
12. Went to buy groceries and spearfishing equipment for a husband who can't wait to get in the water and kill something.
13. Cooked dinner.
14. Kissed my husband goodbye who had a meeting in Bahrain at 10:30pm tonight. Did I mention last week he was in 3 countries in one day? (He woke in Qatar, ate lunch in Oman, went to bed in Bahrain).
15. Watched the SheWolf video by Shakira and wondered how a woman could move her body in such ways.
16. Watched the season finale of Scrubs for the first time. Cried because my kids are growing too fast.
17. Watched Ugly Betty. Wondered why I actually liked that show.
18. Watched the Biggest Loser. Felt like I should go to the gym.
19. Watched Supernanny. Pat myself on my back for being such a better mom than the crazy, neurotic woman she visited.
20. Watched the official opening of the Dubai Metro on Dubai One Live TV. Saw history in the making.
4 comments:
I've been reading your blog since Paige and/or Celia told us to awhile back and I just wanted to come out of hiding and tell you how much I enjoy reading about your adventures. I love that you always seem to find the best about wherever you happen to be living.
Oh Terah! You forgot to breath in between everything. What a crazy day! Never a dull moment in your household. LOL Are the kids at the new school yet? If so, how are they adjusting?
Jeanelle - Thanks! I am so happy you enjoy my blog. It is always great to find out about those who are secretly checking out my blog. I will also have to peek into your life too! It is only fair, right? :)
Sherry- The kids are at the new school now. They are adjusting fine right now. Change is normal for us in this house. Rolling with the punches....
Jeanelle - Thanks! I am so happy you enjoy my blog. It is always great to find out about those who are secretly checking out my blog. I will also have to peek into your life too! It is only fair, right? :)
Sherry- The kids are at the new school now. They are adjusting fine right now. Change is normal for us in this house. Rolling with the punches....
Post a Comment