Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Male Bonding

I foresee hours and days of fun to come

Ever since we lived in Croatia (shortly after we got married) Axel has had a deep passion for spearfishing.  I would be kidding if I said it was my favorite hobby of his.  It only means one thing to me--less time together.  I know every man needs to have his cave, but I wish Axel's didn't involve Saturday mornings and a horrible clean-up.  

Axel has been trying to convince me that this hobby is deeply beneficial for the family.  It is afterall a good way to get our Omega-3 and vitamin B, but I don't buy it.  Carrefour has a good selection and we can afford the finest fish and it wouldn't put us in the poor house.  I am sure the petrol and hours put into spearfishing doesn't quite make up for it.  

However, something magical has happened.  This past weekend Axel decided to take Xavier on one of his excursions.  Xavier has been begging to get in the Gulf since we stepped off the plane and this was the perfect opportunity to get his wiggles out while Axel does the same.  For the first time, I was overjoyed to have Axel gone.  I could not support family male bonding enough.  Having Axel gone on his own is not nearly as fun as knowing the two men in my life are hunting and gathering together.  


The bounty 

Also, the fact is, the more male bonding that happens between my big man and little man, the more they will want me to have some girly time with my little ladies like here and here.  In the end the boys not only provide yummy fish but they also share quality time together.  I am all for quality time.  I am also for money in the bank for some cute pedis and maybe a trip to Egypt?   The possibilities are endless.  

4 comments:

Catherine said...

We're hoping the Egypt trip happens for you! Maybe we can go get pedis here when you come--after making sure you get to the pyramids first.

Ryan and Brindi said...

how fun for xavier! i'm sure he probably will talk about this for a while - i mean how lucky is he to go spearfishing with daddy??! so cute!

sunnyside said...

What a cool, productive hobby. Sounds like they had an awesome time.

Anna said...

Every minute of every day is mommy bonding. I am in total agreement. MORE MALE BONDING. I support.