Thursday, September 24, 2009

How I Don't Help the Planet

I remember watching an episode of Oprah about saving the planet.  Oprah was agreeable during the entire show except when the 'green guru' said she should have poor pressure in her shower.  'Nah, uh' she quickly said.  A dribbly shower was out of the question.  

My cousin-in-law also made it very clear what she will not give up here.  

After the extreme green living I experienced in Nepal, I have come to realize what I will not change:  


Apparently the rainforest is second to my child's creativity.  I feel like a home for a spotted owl disappears every day because of the many Bromley masterpieces.  I suppose going without electricity for 18 hours a day for months and using very little water neutralizes my carbon footprint (or at least makes me feel like I own a small corner of the Amazon).  

2 comments:

Paige said...

You and me baby, killing the planet one day at a time.

Summer said...

And what is the ultimate destination of all those masterpieces? I always wondered as a kid.
Now I know as I stash new ones into the recycling pile. We only keep drawings indicative of a new style period in our house.