Heavah and Sedona wearing the dresses I designed (but did not construct) for church
This past Friday we went to our first sacrament in Doha. I was relieved to find out that the church villa was only 10 minutes from our current address. That means we are only 10 minutes late for sacrament, not our usual 15. Not bad.
I did miss Devendra this week. He typically watches Asa (who inevitably falls asleep on the way to church) during the first half of sacrament. As soon as Asa woke, Devendra would pass Asa through the window. It was the most perfect arrangement ever.
Our church here starts at 1 pm. A Filipino ward precedes our session. Our ward is huge. I was delighted by the following observations:
* Most people are from Texas
* There are 55 kids in the Primary
* It is like Dubai, but different
* I actually learned something from Sunday School
* There were other children who were even naughtier than mine during the meeting
*All the callings are filled with very worthy people
* Nothing had to be translated
* I sat with my husband during Sunday School with my youngest child in nursery
* There were at least 5 or 6 other new families that showed up the same week
* We had a dinner invitation that evening from a fellow blogger who happened to find me before I arrived
The whole experience was refreshing. I miss the mission field, but for now, this will be nice. It is a well-educated group of members who have a lot to contribute. A lot...meaning more than me...meaning I could learn from them...meaning I don't need to be called to anything any time too soon...meaning I will be keeping my phone number a secret during my 'calling vacation'...meaning I will also dye my hair once a week just to keep my identity a mystery.
2 comments:
Dying over the gorgeous dresses! You may end up loving the non-mission field ward. There is nothing like a functioning primary for your kids to make you feel like an excellent mother. Do you have a house? Where are you going to live? Your apartment looks really cool.
Yay for a big primary!!
Post a Comment