Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kurta Day


Today is my birthday.  La de da. I am okay with being a year older.  I have no regrets and I am right where I want to be in my life.  It is a good place to be.  I don't think I have any time to focus on my age.  I honestly don't know how old I am.  25?  34? 52?  I could do the math, but I rather not know.  My heart tells me I am young, I will keep it that way.


Even though Deondra and my mom were hours away from getting on a plane and I am days away from leaving Nepal for good, we chose the most logical and efficient thing to do--go to the salon.  Deondra also declared it was a kurta day so we all wore our kurtas.  Nails must look good while traveling.  After all those hours on the plane one must have something happy to look at.  
After the salon, we celebrated all the recent birthdays: mom's, Sedona's and Sarita's.  It was a party.  We even spontaneously gave the birthday a pirate theme as those were the only napkins I could find.  We even found Gurkha knives as props.  

Memorable.  Definitely memorable.  

3 comments:

Rachel said...

you three look lovely in your kurta's! good luck with the move. i don't envy you moving with 4 children to a new country. I also know how much you love Nepal and will miss it.

Summer said...

Happy Birthday Terah! You continue to amaze me with your resilience. Moving half way across the globe again with a week and a half of notice is a crazy accomplishment. Here's hoping that the arrival of your stuff is much more prompt than last time.

My birthday is on Tuesday. Hurray for August birthdays that were never celebrated by classmates during elementary school.

Art Through the Ages said...

Please forgive my tardiness. I really did think about you all day on 8/8. I was wishing you happiness all day and I'm glad you were with your mom. Loves.