
Two days after we arrived in Doha, Sedona turned 3. While driving to the store to buy food and household essentials, we happened to pass a cake Dona liked and remembered it was, in fact, her birthday. After feeling quite guilty, we also allowed her to pick a present from the toy section. The toy section itself was a present enough. It was the most toys she had seen since her first birthday.
There were no invitations to friends, no balloons, no hats, and no party bags. I am so thankful Sedona is my easy going child and knows no different. It sucks to be the middle child in a family that never seems to settle down.
The upside is she got to pick her own present and her cake was surprisingly delicious (for a cake that wasn't made in America).
Happy Birthday, Dona!

4 comments:
LOL! Love the candle. :P
La multi ani printesei tale!
Ce viata plina de aventuri ai tu fato! Ma bucur ca v-ati mutat cu bine si ca sunteti sanatosi.
So glad you made it there safe and happy! Even in the USA we forget to buy candles and use the random ones we have, so you should feel right at home.
This post made me so happy to know I'm not alone. We have 2 August birthdays. The last two Augusts we've been settling into a new country and the birthdays have sort of been pretty low-key--almost but not quite forgotten. In the end I think I beat myself up over it more than they even think about it. Or, at least I hope so.
Post a Comment