Monday, August 31, 2009

Censored



One of my many guilty pleasures in life is a good trashy magazine.  I have gone without it since I lived in Nepal so I had to catch up on all the gossip.  The sad realization is, I don't know any one in the magazines any more, and even worse, I don't care.  I must be growing up, it sucks.  

Axel recently bought me some gorgeous flowers and a People Magazine to console me because I still don't have a maid or driver.  Yes, he loves me that much.  It was perfect because it was about the Saved By the Bell people.  Now, those were some people I cared about.  What can I say?  I am a child of the 80s.  Seriously, why wasn't Screech part of the article?  

When I read it, I forgot how great it was to watch a movie or read a trashy magazine in the Middle East.  I will never forget the time I was at Spinney's in Dubai and every single Special K cereal box was 'blackened' over a woman wearing a one piece bathing suit on the front.  I am sure the black stickers cost more than the entire packaging.   It is also quite entertaining to look at Maxim magazines.  Why do they even bother?  Who is going to buy Maxim if boobs and butts are censored?  I don't know.  Maybe the articles really are that good.  

Qatar seems even more stringent on what gets past the editor's eyes.  It is almost more entertaining to me to see what is passe and was is okay.  My question is, who does the editing?  Is it okay for him to look because it is for a 'higher cause'?  Or, is it some Filipino or European who is already tainted anyways?  I don't know, but it does baffle me.  
 
These images were blocked out in the above magazine:

Kissing?  
Not for you!

How about kissing your wife? (JLo and Mark Anthony)

Absolutely NOT!

Ah, this one, who are they kidding?  Shouldn't the name Kardashian give them a clue?  

Then again, side hip? Bad. 
Side boob? Not a problem.

Hun?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is going to give everyone the wrong impression, but until I read your blog I never new that Maxim magazine even had articles.

Paige said...

I cannot believe that! At least they only block out the good parts- you can still see Kim Kardashian's legs? I'd get my rubbing alcohol out or something just to see the side boob- I mean, how are you going to check out how far those babies have fallen? At least you feel fine about your husband reading it.

Boquinha said...

ROTFL! I love clicking on a post to comment and then seeing a comment like that from Jimmy. Oh, you bring a smile to my face. :)

So a pictures of kissing are a no-no, but apparently that one girl's hand on his butt is okay . . .

sunnyside said...

That is incredible. What an incredible waste of someone's time. I can't say I object to what they are blocking out, but really? Someone has a pretty fun job. I wonder how editors are evaluated. What are the guidelines?

Melinda said...

Getting flowers for your birthday... that's easy. Getting flowers because you don't have enough servants yet? That takes Finesse.