Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sacrament at Home


We received a warning from the Embassy that all Christian churches have been threatened (again) by the Hindu extremists.  Last time they used a pressure cooker bomb filled with nails and killed 3 people and injured 15 at a Catholic Church.  The LDS church headquarters gave us the okay to hold sacrament at home, so we did.  


Deondra was sad because all the boys fancied her and she met some new friends.  She was definitely the Belle of the Ball last week.  Instead, we dressed up and had sacrament and testimony meeting in our living room.  Socially, it wasn't quite as fun. 

We tried to stay true to the normal sacrament agenda. We had prayer, sang songs, and bore testimony.  For the opening, Axel even announced that Grandma and Deondra will be leaving next week.  No one was in favor, everyone opposed.  

Axel and I will be leaving for Doha, Qatar tomorrow.  We will be exploring.  I am looking forward to the flight.  No kids.  Need I say more?  

2 comments:

Employee # 47851-6 said...

"Deondra was sad because all the boys fancied her"
Haha had to comment on that.

I can see why they fancied her. she's very pretty.

Still sacrament at home must have been very different.

Art Through the Ages said...

Home sacrament does have it's perks; like being done when you like. Plus you could REALLY utilize the "Hook" system (ask Axel). I've been dying to do that in our ward.

Also your couches look good. You still need paint. Can you fit that in before you leave? I'm sure the new occupants would reallly appreciate it.