
Last night Axel left and now there is an absence in the home. Axel has come and gone so many times lately that I am beginning to realize there are pluses and minuses:
Pluses
*Full control of the remote and volume
*Watch all the movies I have been wanting to see but avoid doing so because I know I will have to 'sell' it to Axel. "Look hun, So & So is in this one. You like so & so, remember? You laughed one time in a movie they were in, remember? And look at the cover, it is all colorful with blues and greens. You like blues and greens, remember?"
*Free reign in my bed. Even though we have a king, we still seem to find our way of bumping elbows or knees. I've never been one to cuddle in bed. How do people do that without paying for it in the morning with a sore neck? I never got that.
*No high pitched screams from tickle torture.
*No Johnny Cash or that weird album he always listens to about the 'Freaker's Ball' Anyone know the name of that one? I don't.
*No need to do a morning 'fashion check' before he walks out the door.
*No long discussions about spearfishing and the great details about the kill and the fish.
Minuses
*No one to talk to about my day
*No one to cheer for me when I am about to do something difficult
*No one to empathise with me when I am stressed out
*No one to tell me I am hot and sexy even if I am just wearing gross sweats and have bad hair
*No one to tell me if I have bad breath
*No one to love my children as much as I do
*No one to discuss my passions with and have them care equally as much
*No one to have an answer for all of my questions. (Even though I know he's making it all up).
Finally,
*No Axel. I know it is cliche but he is the air I breath. I am less of a person without him and I could listen to 'Freaker's Ball' a thousand times over just so I could have him around.
That's how much I miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment