Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Favoritest Store in Town

There are only a few things that I will truly miss when I leave Dubai. Most of the things on that list have to do with shopping. They aren't kidding when they say it is the shopping capital of the world. On the top of that list has to be 'Marina'. I am such a sucker for home furnishings, and it is definitely the chicest, coolest, and most exotic store around.

Yesterday I noticed an article in the 7 Days newspaper stating that Marina is having a sale! How could I resist? I must stock up before I got to Kathmandu. I have no choice. Must buy furniture, must buy furniture...I need it. Since Axel isn't in town, I assume that he would think that is a fantastic idea, 'buy as much as you want, honey'. (See, there are some good points to not having a husband around.)

Here is the store...

Here is the entrance of the store. It is taken from an old palace in India. It, too, can be yours for a small $20K. The kids wanted to 'play' in the carriage. It was only $15K, but I didn't think that was such a good idea...

Here is a man shopping and wondering why I am taking a picture of him...

Here are the linens. Not a good sample, but keep in mind, I didn't want to look like some crazy lady who is taking pictures of objects whilst her children are climbing all over antique furniture...

Here's a rich Arab ready to buy the whole store (and they do). You gotta be fast!

Here's a picture of how Heavah feels about the shopping experience...

Here's my purchase...


Here's more eye candy...

I really should be getting paid for this. What do you think???

No comments: