
In Dubai, we get to partake of 3 Mother's Day in total. First comes the British, then the Arabic, and then the American Mother's Day. I never can keep track of when these days occur so it is always a pleasant surprise when my kids come home with a special treat for mom. Since American Mother's Day is on a weekday for us in Dubai, I got to visit Heavah's school. She sang me songs, gave me treats, and sat close to me the entire time! What a great way to end my time in Dubai!

Here are a few things I have learned as a mother:
1. Touching poop or puke is not as bad as it seems, if it comes from your child.
2. There is nothing funner to squeeze than a child's bum.
3. When a your child sleeps you forget all the mischief and naughtiness of the day.
4. Precious things are going to get wrecked, accept it.
5. A tidy hairdo has a time limit. Plan accordingly.
6. You can make them do anything you want if you have candy.
7. Boys have energy, girls have emotions- you can't change that.
8. Boogers are fine to eat, why fight it?
9. Band-Aids can cure all ouchies (especially princess and spider man ones).
10. Hearing 'I Love You, mom' are the most magical words in the world!
2 comments:
I think they should give us that advice in the hospital- keep a bag of candy with you at all times, and the kids will obey. Bribery is underrated.
too funny
reminds me of ethan's blessing. shawn is a convert and so ethan was a toddler when he was blessed. we gave him a sucker so he wouldn't talk during it. worked like a charm!
Post a Comment