We decided to take a quick walk around the neighbourhood. Here are some of the sights:
Children everywhere. It is school time but these children are working the neighbourhood, selling fruit, veggies or whatever they can.
A boy selling watermelon
Cows all over. Xaiver said, ‘I didn’t know cows ate garbage!’ Neither did I.
Cows sitting in front of a local shop
Marijuana is freely growing for all to enjoy. There are fields of this stuff just a short walk away. Although it isn’t grown purposely, as people smoke it, the seeds find their way into the soil and whammo, you’ve got yourself a doobie heaven. I am surprise these places aren’t just stripped of all their goodies but it just sits there waiting for someone to appreciate its goodness.
Just a block from our house, this stuff is growing everywhere
Garbage, garbage, garbage. I am sure I will have many blogs discussing this amazing aspect of Nepal. It is too unreal to believe. What is worse, are the kids just playing in the piles of garbage either looking for treasures, or looking for food. You can’t really walk anywhere without encountering a load of garbage. This picture was taken on the walk my kids will make from school.
3 comments:
Terah, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog!! Girl, I prefer your blog to the morning paper! Seriously:)
What a culture shock! We are gearing up for some as well...I will keep you posted on our journey from Western to Eastern...
Nicole
Yeah I agree Nic! Great blogging Terah. Not sugar-coated, slightly cynical... and your kids say the funniest things! It's also weird to think that Taku could be just around the corner from you all. I might spot him as a passerby in one of your pictures... small world.
I am so glad to see you are all alive. There really are places out there that are so so different, eh? Looks like quite an adventure. I am here, totally jealous. Loves.
Post a Comment