Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lover of Water and Other Wet Things...

I don't know what it is but Sedona has a ridiculous fascination for water. She is like a moth to a flame or fly on poop, whatever. For some reason she believes that the fun of our pool outside should also be inside. For the past few weeks the same thing happens everyday, like clockwork. First you see her little bald head running around with a cup in hand. She then makes her way to the water cooler. Within minutes there is usually someone yelling 'Se-Don-A!!!!' I don't know why we seemed shock or surprised. It happens every day. After assessing the damage, the maids or I send one of the kids to go to the kitchen to grab either a towel or a cloth depending on the number of litres on the floor. Ug.

The cooler is tolerable, but when she encounters a bathroom, it is always a disaster. The worst is the toilet. No matter how many times I explain to her that toilets are 'yuck' she finds it to be quite amusing to put her hand in and splash away! Ug. What's worse is just yesterday she discovered the fun of the hose in the bathroom. For some reason, all bathrooms in Dubai have a small hose next to the toilet. It took me a while to realize it is there for your convenience. You can use it to spray a butt of a kid in case you are grossed out by the thought of wiping. You can easily wash the leftovers of a 4 year old boy with bad aim. Or you can use it to get rid of any remnant you may have left over after a flush. It has actually come in quite handy at times.

However, yesterday I was not praising the fact that I have this squirt gun in my bathroom. After dressing and prepping Dona for bed I heard some noise coming from our main bathroom. By the time I got there it was too late. There was an inch of water and a drenched baby...ug.

1 comment:

Celia Fae said...

Although you could easily get away with posting only pictures of your children, the tidbits about your foreign life is fascinating.

I could really use a kid butt sprayer in my bathrooms.