Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Asa's Blessing

x5

After all of the chaos in our lives for the past several months, we finally had Asa blessed at church this Sunday. Here are some short snippets of the 2 hour blessing:

* He will become a surgeon and save the lives of those in Congress, Hollywood, and the 12 Apostles.

* He, himself, will be an apostle.

x5

* He will have an IQ of 146.

* He will serve a mission in China and baptize millions.

x2

* He will be dashingly handsome (to the likeness of Brad Pitt) and women will swoon.

*He will marry the first female president of the United States.

x3

* He will be extremely athletic and beat Lance Armstrong's record in the Tour De France.

* He will cure cancer.

x3

* He will be a philanthropist who visits various African countries and he will solve world hunger.

* He will never speak ill of his parents and always do as he is told.

Even though we are in a branch where no one understands the language or proper blessing etiquette, I still think Axel pushed the 'blessing envelope' a little bit on this one.

6 comments:

Cami Severson said...

Haha! Hilarious, Terah! You almost got me, at first I was going .."what the.....?" I guess I was a little slow on the uptake. Very funny!

Anonymous said...

Terah, you are a crack-up. It's no wonder I like you so much.

Anonymous said...

And the fact that he was wearing a romper with elegant, subtle smocking on it means everything you listed is SURE to come true!

Sally said...

He is so cute, and his smocked outfit is awesome. So perfect for a blessing.

Boquinha said...

What a doll! So beautiful!! You all look great. And funny post, too.

Jenibelle said...

Very funny! I hope he grows up to fulfill all of his father's blessings. I'm racking my brain to figure out if Axel 'forgot" anything.