Thursday, October 2, 2008

Typical Day

CON2048

Since you asked, Stacy, and because I have nothing interesting to say these days:

5:00 am - Wake up to a baby yelling, "Mommy, Daddy? Where are you?" As a result, all other children awake.

5:15 - Scripture study and 'feature family member' (when we all say something good about our spotlight family member and the family member must say something good about him or herself. Since Sedona and Asa are too young to participate we just smother them with kisses).

6:00 - Check email and Internet (if we have electricity). Axel works on his various projects, currently woodcarving. Kids play outside.*

6:30 - breakfast and playtime outside.

7:45 - Heavah leaves for school.

8:00 - Xavier does reading and math with mom.

8:45 - Xavier leaves for school.

9:00 - Talk about the day with Axel, send him off to work.

10:00 - Play with Sedona, prepare for homeschool lesson.

11:00 - Go to gym, kick my butt. Take steam/sauna.*

12:30 - Get picked up by my driver and come home to a prepared lunch. Or sometimes, I meet my girlfriends or Axel at a restaurant.*

1:00 - 2:30 - Run errands or send driver and maid to run errands, depending on whether I want to read a book or sew.*

2:30 - Kids arrive from school. Depending on their moods, they will play for a bit or we will start homeschool.

3:00 - 5:00 - Participate in various projects with the children like, write in journals, read books, play math games, do art, etc.

5:30 or 6:00 - Axel arrives home.

6:15 - Eat dinner.

7:00 - Read books together and then read independently.

7:30 - Kids asleep and depending on whether we have electricity, Axel and I will enjoy a DVD show and work on our various hobbies or we will read a book.*

9:00 - Fast asleep, everyone.

*If I am working, it trumps all the fun stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good life to me. Oh, except for the waking up at 5am part. I don't miss those baby days.

Boquinha said...

I love this post! It's like the foundation for all other posts--it gives structure and an image to it all. And it sounds like a great schedule! (Well, a little early, but still good!!). :P

So what we're not quite getting right in the good ol' US of A is that we're trying to do a lot without the handy use of maids and drivers. I'm serious.

Thanks for the post, Terah!