Today we were having our little family morning scripture reading. We were reading about the 'pride' of the people, which brought out a long discussion with our children about the negative connotation of the word 'pride'. That is when Xavier started on one of his rants:
Xavier: Yeah, when I was at summer camp I met this boy who said he lived in America and he had SO much pride.
(Totally made-up. All of his friends are Korean, Israeli, European, or Nepalese).
Me: Really, how so?
Xavier: He was all, "I'm SO great!" He said, "Yeah, I have toys, and lots of stuff to play with, and furniture and I have electricity..." Yah, he thought he was SO great.
Looks like it doesn't take much to impress my son. It is good to keep the bar so low. I suppose the next lesson should be on, 'Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's supply of water'.
3 comments:
Ok, Xavier is right, we take too much for granted!
That's so funny! I never would have considered electricity to make me "SO great" (o:
Wow - what an amazing life you are living right now. Don't hate me for coveting it a little bit, okay?
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. It's great to "meet" you!
Post a Comment