Sedona and Asa have coughs. Poor things can't quite fall asleep at night because of it. Therefore, I tried to get them into visit with our regular doctor. No such luck. She is out on vacation for two weeks, therefore, children should be well during this time. Since my kids didn't get that memo, I had to find another doctor. My maid knew of someone so she called him up and we took them in. This is what the clinic looked like:
There was:
1. No sink for washing hands
2. No change of tissue paper on the examination bed, just a dirty old towel
3. No lighting, just the use of a flashlight when needed
4. No questions of past history or allergies
5. No temperature taking, just a feel of the head
BUT the good news is it has been two days and whatever he prescribed has cleared them up. However, I am quite sure I will not be visiting that clinic again. The visit and medication cost 7 bucks. I guess you get what you pay for.
8 comments:
Ok, that looks a little bit too much like Tijuana...What in the world did the "doctor" give you?! Terah, you really are on an adventure! Has Kim S seen your blog?!
I just have to tell you I sooo look forward to your posts everyday! This is why. You make me really appreciate the things I take for granted. Not to mention your great writing style that captures the reality of it. Thanks sooo much for sharing.
Frightening. I am frightened. The dirty towel alone would have had me on an airplane. Please tell me you looked up the drug before you gave it to them. And if you didn't, I hope you took a little hit of it yourself because obviously it worked!
Yikes! I am just praying we never get sick while abroad.
When I was on my misson, I always said I would much rather die or be sent home than to be treated in a Russian hospital. I think I would probably feel the same there. I'm glad the stuff worked.
I echo what Bonbon said. I love reading your posts.
I was still feeling queasy a while after reading your blog. A compliment to your good descriptive prose. Not even the $7 bargain could have induced me to go there!
No worries, everyone. I am not THAT much of a negligent mother. I had antibacterial wipes with me and I was extra careful not to make sure the doctor touched the baby (how sad is that?)or have the baby touch anything else in his surroundings. I also checked up on the medication before I gave it to Asa.
But, all these precautions don't make for good blogging. Gotta leave the reader wondering...
YIKES! That is probably people's biggest fear in living abroad, don't you think? Eek.
Post a Comment