Here are a few shots of our home in Nepal. Axel and the kids have a hard time going to work and school. Who wants to leave where there are so many fun things to do? We really have made our home a sanctuary.
Whenever we exit the gate of our home I am reminded of the wardrobe in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. As soon as you pass the threshold, you are waking into the world of Narnia. Except no White Witch or Aslan (although he could come in handy to scare off some of the stray dogs here) .
Our garage where Axel keeps most of his tools
The pathway to our staff house where our gardener and one of our guards live.
Tibetan prayer flags
The back view of our home. Our trampoline we brought from Dubai and our soccer field.
As featured yesterday, this is to the side of the house.
Walking up the stairs from our kid's playhouse
Front view
This is taken from our roof. This is the second plot of land we have for our garden. You can't really see the garden, as it is just behind the wall.
So, this is how we live, Nepali style.
4 comments:
Cool palace, what's that structure in the last picture? Also, where did you get your jungle background. My friend Tammy needs to know b/c it's so cute.
You're definitely living the life of a princess! I always thought Nepal was kind of deserty and cold because of Mt. Everest. I didn't have a clue that it is lush and green. Are there many Americans there?
Ok I'm coming and visiting. I'm swimming across the ocean then walking there. haha
Gorgeous! What you put yourselves through!! Leaving every home you make a haven must be a different kind of torture!
Post a Comment