For this garden I wanted to make it more 'jungle like' than the last one. The Zen garden part I has kind of a broad leaf/pine theme, so this one I wanted to use succulent leafed trees to give it a jungle feel. Also, the last one was Buddhist, this one I wanted a Hindu theme.
![]()
Some 'forests' of succulent trees.
I didn't put any flagstone in this one. I actually like the simplicity of the rock walk way (say that three times quick).
Here are the canyons with the river rock.
An overview. click here to see what it used to look like.
I got some little clay animals. I don't know if I like them but for all of them, they were all only about three bucks, so what the heck.
A rhino to remember our Chitwan trip.
There is a cow in there you can't see in this picture.
The clay figures should last a week with Sedona constantly grabbing them saying 'baby'.
Sedona with a turtle that had its head broken off by her. She is pretty proud of what she did.
![]()
![]()
Here is the Ying/Yang I finally did in the other garden. It will look better once the grass grows together and gets greener.
So that is it for the second zen garden. Next one will be a Japanese theme with rocks that are raked. I don't know if I will be able to find the right rocks for it, but I'll make do with something.
8 comments:
It looks fantastic. I think lawn gnomes would add a lot.
Axel
My goodness what a creation!!!!!!!!!
I just do not know how you do it with the small amount of time you have. For most it would be a lifetime job not a couple of months.
You are amazing!!!!!!!!
I agree with paige....definitely needs some gnomes. And the little boy fishing in the well! And one of those birds whose wings go around and around in the wind! LOL
All silliness aside that is a gorgeous garden. You should be very proud of all your hard work!
It's really beautiful.
Looks great! All your hard work is paying off!!
What about a pink Flamingo? (this comment is from Nicole - she says HI :-) )
One word: WOW!
Beautiful! Did you plant the grass from seed? Do you overplant and then shape back or do you cover up with rocks or do you plant it just right? I love the ying-yang symbol. So nice! Come visit and you can have at it with our backyard.
Axel..... You are frickin' AWESOME!! You kick serious garden butt!! Holy cow! You put us all to shame.
Post a Comment