Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back in the Day

x1

This is how secure I am. I even enlarged it for you so you can examine all the horrid details.

This picture was taken during a beehive activity at church. Believe it or not, it was the 'after' picture of a makeover session (I will spare you the before, I am not that secure). My beehive teacher gave this picture to my mom recently to remind me of the fun times we had. Instead, it reminded me of this:

1. How wrong curling irons were. Life without a big round brush and a powerful blowdryer resulted in hair that looked like this.

2. With enough hairspray, how big my bangs could get, and how high my forehead could look.

3. How bad I can look in peach. As discovered at another beehive activity, I am a winter season. I need to stick with bolds and blues. Peach just does me wrong.

4. How scared I was of boys then. And rightfully so. Look at me.

5. How turtlenecks were so cool then that they were worth wearing even if it was warm enough to wear short sleeves.

6. How even if you do all that ridiculous shading on your face, it still looks fat.

7. How highlights are a must for me. My natural colour isn't actually a colour.

8. How a good eyebrow plucking can go a long, long way.

9. How the years have been WAY too kind to me.

10. How I totally would have fit in an '80s show. If only my dreams came true.

Thanks for the reminder, Sherry!

9 comments:

Boquinha said...

LOL! Ah, the days of big hair. Did you also "peg your pants?" Do they do that in Canada?

Jolene said...

that picture looks like all of my High School yearbooks! Good Times.

Lori Ellsworth said...

Oh Terah! You are so funny! When James sees pictures of me like that he says, "Yeah, we wouldn't have been friends back then." I am laughing so hard because I could say all those things about myself at age 13, too!

♥Shally said...

You were on my reader as a "recommended read"... I browsed through your blog a bit, and found it SO interesting.

I lived in Saudi Arabia for 5 years when I was little, and your pics of chickens and goat heads brought back a ton of memories!!! :)

The Musson Family said...

Oh Terah! Thank you so much for posting that picture. It sure brings back some great memories with you girls. And hey, everyone needed to be on the "New You" like me. LOL Boy have the 3 of you change so much. Styles sure were different back then. LOL I thought you would enjoy them. I love you and miss you tons. You have become a great mom and a wonderful wife. Keep up the good work on the blog. It makes me laugh and smile everyday.

Summer said...

So funny to hear your comments!
I was a young woman who worshipped you from afar at dances and activities because all the young man worshipped you!
Rest assured that there were lots of people in the Kitchener Stake you thought you were beautiful!

terahreu said...

Stacy, pegging was in full force, even in Canada. We also moved up to something WAY cooler and that was pegging with safety pins. The tighter the peg, the cooler you were!

Summer, you are too kind! Thanks. I guess my Laura Ashley flowered dresses were definitely something to envy, especially with the poofy hair!

Hey, what is your website? I would love to see pictures of you and your family.

Boquinha said...

With safety pins?!? Wow, those crazy Canadians sure do some wild stuff up north! :P ;)

Anonymous said...

Terah, you look like the poster child for the 80's. I remember your floral dresses at the Glenwood. You just couldn't let them go. Did you also wear 2 socks and layer then so both colors showed? I totally did that. I also remember the millions of jelly braclets I wanted to wear, but my dad made a rule that I was only allowed to wear 5 items of jewelry at once. No fun! How was I supposed to look like Madonna's Material Girl without them?